Nigerian Oxtail StewFrom youngPaprika 3 years ago
- 1.5 lbs oxtail shopping list
- 2 tomatoes shopping list
- 2 red peppers shopping list
- 2 medium yellow onions shopping list
- 4 garlic clove shopping list
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 tablespoon cracked black pepper shopping list
- 3 (4-inch) thyme sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Put oxtail in crock pot
- Prepare a bowl of cold water
- Peel tomatoes by first removing the stems. Then slice a shallow X in the bottom (it simplifies the peeling process)
- Plunge the tomatoes into boiling water. Once you notice any skin peeling off the tomatoes, or that 30 seconds is up, quickly remove the tomatoes with tongs and place them into the prepared bowl of cold water.
- Remove the cooled tomato and peel away the skin.
- Place shopped onions, chopped red peppers tomatoes, garlic, chicken bouillon, olive oil and black pepper into a blender and liquify.
- Pour tomato mixture into the crock pot and add the fresh thyme sprigs.
- Cook on low 7-9 hours.
- I take the oxtail out after it's ready because I prefer not to eat red meat. But the stock adds a good flavor to the sauce.
The CookyoungPaprika Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!