Potato SoupFrom rarariver 2 years ago
- 1 bag frozen roasted garlic potatoes shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter (or 4 tbsp margarine) shopping list
- 1 small white onion OR 1/2 small red onion (reds are stronger) shopping list
- 2 tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- seasonings to taste (I usually use a few shakes of garlic-salt and pepper) shopping list
How to make it
- Finely chop the onion and sauté in butter.
- When onions have cooked through and start to turn transparent, add the cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add water and potatoes. Bring to a boil, and continue to boil uncovered on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes. You want the potatoes to be cooked through, not mushy. Stir constantly to avoid onions sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add cream. Simmer uncovered for 5-6 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Optional: serve with shredded cheese, bacon, and chives.
The Cookrarariver Omaha, NE
- Not added to any groups yet!