Basil-stuffed Chicken With Red Potatoes And OlivesFrom danawitczak 5 years ago
- Note: The basil filling is like a mock pesto, using water instead of oil for fewer calories (but not less flavor!). shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 2 T pine nuts shopping list
- 1 cup packed fresh basilleaves shopping list
- 4 clv garlic shopping list
- 1 T grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 4 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered shopping list
- 16 pitted kalamata olives shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 T honey shopping list
- 2 t olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place pine nuts in a small, dry skillet and set pan over medium-low heat. Cook 2-3 minutes, until nuts are golden brown, shaking the pan frequently to prevent burning.
- Transfer nuts to a blender and add basil, garlic, Parmesan and water. Purée until a thick paste forms.
- Using a sharp knife, make a "pocket" in each chicken breast by slicing into the side of each half (cut almost through to the other side). Spoon 1/4 basil mixture into each pocket.
- Place stuffed chicken in prepared pan and season with salt and black pepper. Arrange potatoes and olives around sides of chicken.
- Whisk together vinegar, honey and oil. Pour mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Bake 45 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender when tested with a fork. .
The Cookdanawitczak Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Not added to any groups yet!