Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese SandwichesFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound soft mild goat cheese (such as Bucheron or Montrachet), room temperature shopping list
- 10 tablespoons minced fresh arugula or watercress shopping list
- 5 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 6 teaspoons minced fresh chives shopping list
- 1 pound smoked salmon slices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 12 1/2-inch-thick egg bread slices shopping list
- Fresh arugula or watercress leaves shopping list
- 12 thin lemon slices shopping list
How to make it
- Mix goat cheese, 6 tablespoons minced arugula, 2 tablespoons oil and 2 teaspoons chives in small bowl. Season generously with pepper. Arrange salmon in single layer on large plate. Drizzle 3 tablespoons oil over. Spoon lemon juice over. Sprinkle with 4 tablespoons minced arugula, 4 teaspoons chives and generous amount of pepper. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Just before serving, toast bread. Spread with goat cheese mixture; top with salmon. Place sandwiches on plates. Tuck arugula under sandwiches. Make cut in each lemon slice from center to edge. Twist 1 slice atop each sandwich.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!