Chicken LasagnaFrom amandasequeira 4 years ago
- 12 instant lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cooked chicken shopping list
- 4 oz cottage cheese shopping list
- 4 oz Mozarella cheese shopping list
For the sauce
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 carton tomato puree shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion, finely diced shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
For the Bechamel
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat, and add the garlic and onions. Saute till the onions turn translucent and add in the chopped tomatoes and the puree and stir. Once it starts to bubble, throw in the sugar, dried basil, italian seasoning and reduce the heat. Pour in the chicken broth, stir. Let it simmer for a few minutes. Then add the shredded chicken and mix. Turn off heat. Toss in the parsley.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add the garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the flour, using a whisk to combine, till the mixture turns into a roux. When the colour changes to a warm amber, pour in the milk and continue to stir. Turn off the heat and add salt and pepper.
- Grease a microwave-safe baking dish and line it with some lasagna noodles. Layer with chicken mixture and then with the cottage cheese. Top with bechamel and mozarella cheese. Bake on HIGH for about 18 minutes.
The Cookamandasequeira Madras, India
- Not added to any groups yet!