Pasta With MarsalaFrom morbidlydecayed 3 years ago
- ½ cup dried porcini mushrooms shopping list
- 1 cup Cold water shopping list
- ½ tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- ½ tablespoon butter shopping list
- ¼ cup shallots, chopped (2-3) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced shopping list
- ¼ pounds Assorted wild mushrooms shopping list
- 3 teaspoons salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon pepper shopping list
- ½ cup marsala wine shopping list
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half shopping list
- ½ pounds fettuccine or other long pasta shopping list
- ⅓ cup Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Soak the porcini in the water for 30 minutes. Lift the mushrooms from the soaking water, squeezing them over the water to return any liquid to the cup; dice the mushrooms. Strain the porcini water through a fine-mesh sieve and reserve.
- 2. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil and butter until the butter foams. Add the shallots and saut‚ until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and saut‚ over low heat until the garlic begins to turn golden, 2 minutes.
- 3. Add the porcini and other mushrooms and saut‚ for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tsp salt, pepper, and the porcini water. simmer until the liquid is reduced by two-thirds, about 5 minutes. Add the marsala, and simmer until the liquid is further reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes. Add the half-and-half; simmer for a few seconds. Remove from the heat.
- Can be prepared up to 1 hour ahead. Reheat sauce before using.
- 4. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add the remaining 2 tsp salt and the pasta. Cook until the water return to a boil, then cook until tender.
- 5. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Remove the sauce from the heat. Add the cheese; toss and serve hot.
The Cookmorbidlydecayed Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!