Lentil SoupFrom youngt2 3 years ago
- 2 cups dried lentils shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 1/2 tsp groun thyme shopping list
- 1/2 tsp group pepper shopping list
- 2 beef bouillon cubes shopping list
How to make it
- In a 4 quart stock pot (not slow cooker) place the lentils, 7 cups of water and salt.
- Bring to boil, lower heat and simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes. Stir in the onion, celery, carrots, thyme, and pepper.
- In a microwave, bring the remaining cup of water to a boil and dissolve the bouillon cubes. Add to the stock pot.
- Partially cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occassionally.
The Cookyoungt2 Harrodsburg, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!