Shoney's Pot RoastFrom twill10 3 years ago
- This is a copycat recipe of Shoney's pot roast. The leftovers make delicious sandwiches! shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 pounds rump roast, trimmed shopping list
- 2 stalks celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 20 whole peppercorns shopping list
- 1 whole bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced shopping list
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
How to make it
- Brown roast in butter in Dutch oven, then remove meat from Dutch oven.
- Saute celery, onion, garlic, parsley and thyme in Dutch oven for 5 minutes, then return meat to Dutch oven.
- Add the beef broth, peppercorns, bay leaf, and salt to Dutch oven, then bake in 325 degree F oven, covered, for 4 hours, basting every 1/2 hour.
- Remove roast from Dutch oven.
- Strain stock into bowl. Discard vegetables.
- Using 2 forks, shred roast into bite-size pieces.
- Pour reserved stock over beef in Dutch oven.
- Add carrots, potatoes, and salt to Dutch oven and bake in 325 degrees F oven for 45 minutes.
- Drain stock from Dutch oven and add enough beef broth to stock to make 3 cups.
- Whisk stock and flour together in saucepan and simmer until thick.
- Pour gravy over meat and vegetables.
- Serving size: 8
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!