Awesome Chicken And Mushroom Stir - FryFrom doreenfish 5 years ago
- 1 lb chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless shopping list
- 1 Tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 Tbsp hot-pepper oil...i make my own shopping list
- 3 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth, non-fat, low sodium shopping list
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry shopping list
- 1 Tbsp low salt soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp plain rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp corn starch shopping list
- 8 oz button mushrooms , sliced shopping list
- 1 md red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 md zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1/2 md onion sliced....i use 2 full onions as we love them shopping list
- 8 cherry tomatoes. shopping list
How to make it
- First off let me say I changed this recipe up to my liking....for starters I don't like cooked mushrooms so they were out, I didn't used zucchini either , I used broccoli and cauliflower. The taste is still the same as it is the marinade and cooking liquid that gives this stir fry its star quality. I always double or tripe these ingredients as we like to have extra sauce to drizzle over our steamed rice.
- I cut up all my veggies first and have it all ready.
- Cut up chicken, beef or pork and put in a large bowl.Mix together gingerroot, hot-pepper oil,, garlic and sesame oil (I double or triple this). Pour over meat and stir together well. Let marinate in fridge for at least 15 mins but longer if you can. I do it in the afternoon so it has a couple of hours for the flavors to really get in the meat.
- IN meantime mix together brown sugar, broth, soy sauce,vinegar, and cornstarch until sugar and cornstarch dissolve. (Again double or triple this if you like)Set aside.
- Heat a large frypan or wok over high heat. Throw in the meat with marinade and cook for 3 - 4 mins until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Stir in all the chopped veggies. Reduce heat to medioum-high and cook covered for about 5 mins or until veggies are cooked the way you like...we like crunchy....stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chicken broth mixture and cherry tomatoes. Cook 3 - 4 mins or until sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed rice!!So yummy!!
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!