Our Favorite Pot RoastFrom gelfling545 5 years ago
How to make it
- Put 3 T of vegetable oil in dutch oven & heat.
- Salt & pepper roast, add roast to pan & brown well on all sides.
- (If the roast is not well browned the pan gravy will be pale & unflavorful.)
- Remove roast to platter, add additional T of oil if needed & brown onion.
- Add diced tomato & cook for a few minutes. then return roast to pan.
- Fill with water to cover roast about half way.
- Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat & simmer until tender.
- Taste pan gravy & add salt/pepper if needed.
- Remove roast from pan. slice & serve over buttered noodles moistened with pan gravy.
- Serve additional pan gravy on the side.
The Cookgelfling545 Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!