Rooster Cooked In Red Wine With TagliatelleFrom monik 6 years ago
- 1 Rooster 2-3 kg ( washed cleaned n cut into medium size pieces keep the skin ) shopping list
- 1 small tea cup of olive oil shopping list
- 1 whole cup of red wine ( i use cooking wine as it contains 12 % alcohol ) shopping list
- 4-5 whole black pepper shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 4-5 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2-3 whole berries shopping list
- 2 large onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste ( this is for getting nice red colour) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of sugar shopping list
- 2 cups of water shopping list
- salt n pepper to taste shopping list
- 600 gms of tagliatelles shopping list
How to make it
- Rub well salt n pepper on the skin of the meat ....
- Now heat the oil n brown the meat .... remember to put it one by one slowly n on a medium to low ....cook both side of the meat for 8-10mins. so that it takes lovely golden brown colour
- Now add onion, garlic, whole black pepper, whole berries ,bay leaves n stir in well for 3-4 mins now slowly add 1/2 cup of red wine be very careful stir n let the meat absorb the wine this will take 3-4 mins after that again add 1/2 cup of red wine cook for another 5 mins
- add tomatoes n tomato paste along with sugar n stir it well ... Add water
- Cover the lid n let it cook in a medium to low flame for 1 hour ....Keep stir in between so that meat doesn't stick to the pan ....
- After hour check if the meat is cooked if not let it cook for another 20 mins...when well done add tagliatelles directly as u will have ready sauce with the meat let it cook as per the directions of the pasta mentioned on the pack stir well ....
- Ready to serve !!!!
- Granish with some cheese n some greens if u like !!!
- Enjoy !!!!
- Tip : Rooster meat is little harder than the chicken meat so it takes time to cook u can even cook it in pressure cooker only thing is u add the pasta later .... u can add vegetables like potatoes / carrots etc
- Its very healthy meal only thing is that its good hearty winter meal !!!! U can always replace rooster by chicken if u like !!! :-)
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!