Chicken Curry With YogurtFrom Honeyjane 5 years ago
- chicken - 1 kg (app. 2 lbs) shopping list
- yogurt - 1 cup (beaten) shopping list
- onion - 1 big/ 2 small (finely chopped) shopping list
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tblsp shopping list
- Green Chillies - 1 or 2 shopping list
- tomatoes - 3 (finely chopped/ pureed) shopping list
- Assorted Whole garam masala - (1 cinnamon, 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves etc) shopping list
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp shopping list
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp (or to taste) shopping list
- pepper Powder - 1 tblsp shopping list
- garam masala powder - 1 tsp shopping list
- salt - to taste shopping list
- cilantro - 1/4 bunch (finely chopped) shopping list
- curry leaves - for garnish shopping list
- oil – 2 tblsp shopping list
- 2 pcs of carrots cut in cubes shopping list
- 2 pcs of potato cubes shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Marinate the chicken with the yogurt and all the dry masala powders
- (chilly powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and pepper powder) for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the whole garam masala and cumin seeds.
- 3. Add the onions and cook till it turns nice and golden brown.
- 4. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- 5. Add the tomatoes and cook till the oil seperates. Tomatoes are not traditionally added in this recipe. It can be added or not depending on individual taste.
- 6. Add the carrots n potatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 7. Add the marinated chicken to this and bring everything to a boil. Add water if you want a thinner gravy.
- 8.Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 9. Mix in the finely chopped corriander leaves.
- 10. Finally garnish with fresh curry leaves and split green chillies and serve with rice or bread and roti.
The CookHoneyjane Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!