Carrot Halwa Made With Riccota CheeseFrom monik 3 years ago
- 1 kg carrot ( peeled / washed / grated) shopping list
- 1 litre of milk ( full fat) shopping list
- 1/2 kg sugar shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp clarified butter ( pls refer to my refer for clarified butter) shopping list
- few small raisins / cashewnuts/ almonds shopping list
- 250 gms of riccota cheese shopping list
- 2-4 cardamon or 2 tsp of cardamon powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a board pan add grated carrots n milk together n let it cook for 20-25mins on a medium to low flame .... keep stirring in between n cook till all the milk is absorbed n carrots are soft n cooked well
- In a non stick pan add 1 1/2 tbsp of clarified butter n roast almonds cashewnuts n raisins remove it n set aside
- Then add riccota cheese in the same clarified butter ....on a low flame cook the riccota cheese till its dry n brown in colour ... this will take 5-8 mins ... close the flame n keep it aside
- Now add sugar to the cooked carrots n cook till all the water is absorbed by the carrots ...
- Add cooked riccota cheese / cardamon powder / assorted nuts and mix well
- Serve !!!!
- Tip : -
- U can add dry coconut powder if u like
- U can have it a 3-4 tbsp for breakfast ... its a very healthy snack
- Halwa stays in the fridge for 3-5 days
- It can be stored in the freezer for long ... whenever needed just microwave it for few mins n its ready to eat !!!!
- In India we use Red carrots but here in europe i cannot find it so i make it with orange carrots there is no much difference in it !!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!