Chipotle Turkey, Sweet Potato, And Black Bean StewFrom gkwillow 2 years ago
- 1 cup diced onion (1 small onion) shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium diced sweet potato shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground chipotle powder (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 cups turkey or chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 can (4.25oz) green chilies shopping list
- 1 cup diced turkey shopping list
- 1/8 cup lime juice shopping list
- salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in heavy soup pot, add onions and saute about 5 minutes. Add sweet potatoes, oregano, cumin, chile powder, black beans, chilies, and broth, bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add diced turkey and simmer 15-20 minutes more. Stir in lime juice, season with salt and pepper, garnish as desired, and serve.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!