Mediterranean Green Rice With Tofu Feta And LemonFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 large onions, sliced thinly shopping list
- 8 oz extra-firm tofu (preferably low fat), drained, patted dry and diced shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice shopping list
- 2 cups baby spinach shopping list
- 8 halved, pitted black olives shopping list
- Zest of 3 lemons shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 cup (packed) fresh basil, chiffonaded shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil a heavy, deep sauté pan over medium-high.
- Add onions and cook 10 minutes, adding a splash of water if necessary to prevent burning.
- Add tofu and cook until browned on all sides.
- Reduce heat to low, add garlic and leeks and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the cooked rice, spinach, olives and lemon zest and toss to wilt the spinach.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, feta and basil. Serve immediately.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Original Recipes143 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Family Favourites134 members
All Holidays135 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Nut Free5 members