Saintly Sweet Chocolate - Cherry CupcakesFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup pitted black cherries shopping list
- 3/4 tsp pure stevia powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil (nothing too flavourful) shopping list
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup tart cherry juice shopping list
- 1 tbsp egg replacer powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup cool coffee shopping list
- 1 cup Kamut flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup oat flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegan shortening/margarine (I like Earth Balance "Buttery" Sticks) shopping list
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar shopping list
- pinch sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp agave nectar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 3 tbsp plain, low fat soy milk shopping list
- 28 vegan jumbo chocolate chips, for decorating (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease 28 mini-muffin cups lightly
- In a food processor, puree the cherries, stevia, coconut sugar, oil, vinegar, vanilla and cherry juice until smooth.
- Mix together the egg replacer powder and coffee, then add to the processor and blend in.
- Add flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and pulse in until combined, but don't "whip" it.
- Bake mini-cupcakes 15-16 minutes and cool completely in the tins (regular cupcakes take about 22 minutes).
- In a bowl, beat together vegan shortening/margarine, sugar, salt, agave and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the cocoa powder and beat in, followed by the soy milk (you may need more or less, add slowly!).
- Spread frosting on cooled cupcakes (be careful, they're crumbly!) and top with chocolate chips.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth448 members
Good To Freeze129 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members