Flax Seed PitaFrom monik 3 years ago
- 1 cup of flax seed shopping list
- 2 cup of whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of jaggery or sugar ( i prefer jaggery) shopping list
- 2 tsp of crushed fennel seed shopping list
- 2 cup luke warm shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 2 tsp of oil shopping list
- little flour to dust shopping list
- clarified butter shopping list
How to make it
- Dry roast the flax seed on a hot pan for 2-3 min ... it will start popping that means it done ... let it cool n then in a blender make a fine powder out it ... im not sure whether ready made flax seed powder or flour available in market if so it can be used for this recipe
- In the luke warm add jaggery or sugar mix it dissolves .... in a bowl add flax seed powder n whole wheat flour along with salt , crushed feneel seed n oil mix well then add little jaggery water and start kneading as flax seed powder has a sticky tendency it will stick to ur hand .... knead it into a medium to soft dough n then add a little oil knead one more time n let it sit for at least 20 mins cover it ...
- After the dough is rest well ....Heat the a skillet
- knead one more time roughly n divide it into equal balls... take one ball roll into a round pita shape dusting little dry flour on them n bake on each side well on a medium to high heat .... Repeat the same process of rolling n make the pita . It will make nearly 6-10 pitas i make minimum 7-8 pitas as i roll them in a large size
- Once all the pita is done ... apply some clarified butter n serve it hot ....
- Enjoy !!!!
- Tip : This pita stays in fridge for days it can be made in advance n kept ..just before serve put it in the micro wave for 1 min n apply add some clarified butter !!!
- Very healthy breakfast n good laxative ... u can eat anytime in the day but donot eat alot :)
- Sugar or jaggery can be adjusted according to the taste !!!!
- Dough should be medium to soft so use water accordingly ....
- 1tsp of cardamon powder can be used if u like but its totally optional :)
- Thank you !!!
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!