Stuffed Red Peppers With Pine NutsFrom HoustonBelle 4 years ago
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup pine nuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons raisins shopping list
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups vegetable broth shopping list
- 6 -8 small red peppers shopping list
How to make it
- 1 Heat 3 T olive oil in a saute pan, add onions and saute over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add rice and pine nuts and stir 5 minutes over low heat. Add currants, tomatoes, mint, allspice, sugar, lemon juice, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- 2 Add 1 1/4 cups broth and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 3 Taste and adjust seasoning; rice will be only partially cooked.
- 4 Preheat oven to 175°C Cut a slice off stem end of peppers, leaving stem on. Reserve slice; remove core and seeds from inside pepper.
- 5 Spoon stuffing into peppers and cover with reserved slices.
- 6 Stand them in a baking dish in which they just fit.
- 7 Add 1 1/2 cups broth or hot water to dish.
- 8 Sprinkle peppers with 2T oil.
- 9 Cover and bake for 1 hour or until peppers are tender, basting occasionally and adding a little more water if needed.
- OPTIONAL: Add cooked ground lamb, sausage, beef or chicken to the filling mixture.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- HoustonBelle Somewhere In, Texas
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookHoustonBelle Somewhere In, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!