Almond Macaroon CookiesFrom otterpond 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut, ground almond vanilla, cardamom, butter and half the sugar.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the egg whites until they get foamy and opaque. Add remaining sugar in a slow, steady stream and continue whipping until mixture is pure white and volumized, but just short of holding soft peaks.
- Fold whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using a very small ice-cream scoop or teaspoon, scoop batter onto parchment-lined baking sheets, about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes, until lightly browned, turning the tray once during baking. Cool completely.