Prawn CurryFrom Parfait 4 years ago
- 300g frozen raw peeled prawn tails, defrosted shopping list
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 Thai chilli (or to taste), finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- ½ tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 100ml creamed coconut shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- juice of ½ lemon shopping list
- 1 handful coriander leaves (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Check if the prawns need cleaning by running a knife down the length of their backs. If necessary, remove any black digestive threads, rinse under the cold tap and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Set a wide saucepan over a medium-high heat and add the oil. Once it is hot, stir in the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli and keep stirring for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is soft and golden. Mix in the ground coriander and turmeric and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns to the spicy onions and stir-fry briskly until they just start to turn pink, then add 150ml water and the creamed coconut. Once the coconut has melted into the liquid, season to taste and simmer gently for 4 minutes or until the prawns are cooked. When you are ready to serve, add the lemon juice and scatter the coriander leaves over the top.
The CookParfait My Kitchen, UK
- Not added to any groups yet!