Pecan Pie BarsFrom HoustonBelle 4 years ago
- For crust: shopping list
- •1 cup sifted all-purpose flour shopping list
- •1/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- •1/4 cup butter shopping list
- •1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar shopping list
- •1/4 cup finely-chopped pecans shopping list
- •1 tsp butter or vegetable shortening to grease pan shopping list
- For pecan topping: shopping list
- •2 large eggs shopping list
- •3/4 cup dark corn syrup shopping list
- •1/4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar shopping list
- •2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- •1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- •1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- •3/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Make crust: Preheat oven to 350. Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside. Blend butter and brown sugar, creaming well. Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture. Mix until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in chopped pecans. Press into bottom of a greased 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan, OR, large round pie dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- 2.Make pecan topping: Beat eggs until foamy. Stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, flour, salt and vanilla. Mix well. Pour over the partially-baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan; cut into bars.
- Makes 2 1/2 dozen bars
The CookHoustonBelle Somewhere In, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!