Double Stuffed Bell PeppersFrom circlemoon8 4 years ago
- ground beef shopping list
- bell pepper, per person shopping list
- onion, diced shopping list
- celery (1-2 stalks -- leaves preferred with it) chopped shopping list
- frozen kernel corn (about a cup) shopping list
- tomato sauce shopping list
- diced tomatoes, with juice shopping list
- cheddar cheese, thick slices -- one per bell pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and cut the tops off the bell peppers, seed. Set the tops aside.
- Boil a large pot of water to par cook the peppers in. When the water comes to a rolling boil, submerge the peppers into the water and let it cook for 5 minutes. Remove the peppers and drain on paper towels, set aside.
- Brown the meat; drain and return to the frying pan. With the bell pepper tops -- dice them up, then add them to the meat mixture with the celery and onions. When the onion is cooked but not browned, add a little of the tomato sauce and let it cook into the meat. (Sometimes I use tomato paste instead -- but I like to push the meat to the side creating a well in the middle to the bottom of the pan and cook the tomato sauce or paste -- it adds a deeper dimention to the flavor!) Add the remaining sauce and diced tomatoes (with the juice) and corn. (I have been known to add sliced mushrooms or black olives at this point too.)
- Put the cooled bell pepper into a bakind dish and spoon in the meat mixture. I then push a thick slice of cheese into the middle of the meat and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. If you'd like you can add Parmesan Cheese on top of the pepper 5 minutes before you are ready to serve.
- (I always have extra meat mixture when I'm done stuffing the peppers -- it's great for a base for soup later that night!!)
The Cookcirclemoon8 Mesa, Arizona
- Not added to any groups yet!