Cornmeal Pizza DoughFrom oliviaswarden 3 years ago
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1/4 cup polenta (corn grits) shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- *additional corn grits (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the middle and add wet ingredients.
- With a fork, throughly blend into dough.
- On a floured surface, knead dough for eight minutes until dough is elastic.
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into 12 inches round.
- Grease pizza pan with evoo and sprinkle corn grits onto pan.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan and prick with fork through out dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While hot add your favorite toppings (taco recipe to follow!)
- Return to oven till cheese is melted and Serve!
The Cookoliviaswarden Olmsted Falls, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!