Ml's Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom minkey 4 years ago
- 1-2 pounds chicken, white or dark your preference shopping list
- 3T olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion shopping list
- 4 stalks celery shopping list
- 1 carrott shopping list
- 1-2 jalepenos shopping list
- 6 C chicken broth shopping list
- 2-3 green chilis shopping list
- 1 can Ro-tel diced tomatos with hapeneros shopping list
- 1 can enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 t Penzeys ground cumin shopping list
- 1T Penzeys hot chili powder shopping list
How to make it
- clean chicken and salt and pepper liberally.
- Add olive oil to dutch oven
- Bake chicken in heavy dutch oven for about 1hour or until browened and done. 325 degrees
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Debone and shred when cooled.
- Add about 1/2 C chicken stock and deglaze pan.
- Add garlic, onions, celery, carrotts and jalepenos and saute for about 10minutes
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, green chilis and bring to a boil. Let simmer 15minutes
- Add chicken. cumin, enchilada sauce, chili powder and 1/2 cilantro.
- Simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add remaining cilantro.
- Serve with torilla chips, sour cream and guacamole.
The Cookminkey Denver, CO
- Not added to any groups yet!