Blueberry, Strawberry, Chicken Or PorkFrom Good4U 2 years ago
- 3 to 4 boneless chicken breasts or pork chops ( cleaned and any fat removed) I used pork chops for the pic. shopping list
- 3 to 4 cups mixed blueberries and strawberries marinated in fresh orange juice to cover. shopping list
- *I have also done this with fresh pinapple added juice and brown sugar with a tad of soya sauce. ( I am sure use could use canned and the juice too!) shopping list
- You probably don't need to marinate just add 2 or three cups of juice. shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- You can add whatever spice you feel would compliment this is a versatile dish. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat Oven or BBQ to 350F
- In a large fry pan on medium heat sear meat on both sides. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off burner. Add berry mixture on top and pour in the juice. Reserve some fresh fruit for last step.
- Cover pan with top or foil. Bake for 1 hour and check if fork tender. If not return to oven for 1 half hour and check again. When done remove meat with a large slotted spatula or spoon.
- Serve on plate and cover with remaining fresh fruit. I have done this with pineapple and other fruits use what ever juice you feel compliments the dish. I would imagine this would be easy in a crock pot too!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- lemonyfresh London, Canada
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookGood4U Perth, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!