Ngel Hair Pasta With White Wine Cream Sauce, Shrimp, Bacon And Blue CheeseFrom choclytcandy 3 years ago
- 4 strips of bacon, cut into lardoons shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 cup white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc) shopping list
- juice of 1/2 a lemon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed shopping list
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta shopping list
- blue cheese crumbles, to taste shopping list
- 4-6 large basil leaves, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Pour out all but about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat from the pan. Add shallots to bacon fat, cooking over medium heat until softened and browning slightly, then add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Place shrimp in pan in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, depending on size of shrimp. When almost cooked through, remove from pan and reserve.
- To the shallots, add wine, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce for 5 minutes. Pour in cream and return to a simmer. Reduce 8 more minutes. Whisk cubes of butter into sauce, a few at a time, incorporating it before adding more. Repeat until all butter is incorporated into sauce. Allow sauce to simmer to desired thickness. When ready to serve, add shrimp back into sauce and heat through to finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and reserve.
- Spoon sauce over pasta and shrimp. Top with bacon, blue cheese and basil.
- (For those who aren’t blue cheese fans, this is just as good without it.)
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!