Peshwari NaanFrom choclytcandy 5 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 475g bread flour, plus more for rolling shopping list
- 270ml milk shopping list
- 130ml oil shopping list
- 7g instant yeast shopping list
- 50g sultanas shopping list
- 30g coconut powder shopping list
- 30g desiccated coconut, plus more for sprinkling shopping list
- 1 ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp rosewater shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- butter to serve shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat the milk to 32°C and whisk in the yeast and sugar. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Mix together all of the other ingredients except the oil. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the oil. Mix in the milk and yeast mixture and bind to a dough. The dough will appear sticky at first but continue kneading for 5-8 minutes, adding another tbsp oil if necessary. When smooth and elastic, place the dough in a large, greased bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- 3. Knock the risen dough back and knead for 2 minutes. Divide into 8-10 pieces.
- 4. Flour a clean, smooth surface and roll the dough to around ½ cm thickness and pull into a teardrop shape. Sprinkle one side with more coconut and gently roll a rolling pin over to press the coconut into the surface.
- 5. Place the naan, coconut side down on a piece of foil and grill until golden. Flip and cook the coconut side for a further minute until the coconut is lightly toasted. Butter and serve.
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!