Carrot CakeFrom choclytcandy 2 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- Yields 12-14 servings shopping list
- For the cake: shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups peeled, shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 cup raisins (soaked in warm water for one hour) shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pecans, separated shopping list
- For the frosting: shopping list
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup shopping list
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line three 8-inch pans with parchment paper, and grease bottom and sides of pans with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, both sugars, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk together to blend, breaking up any large lumps of brown sugar with your hand. In another large mixing bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, oil, and buttermilk. Whisk until well combined. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Add in carrots, 1 cup of pecans, and raisins. Fold gently into batter with a spatula until incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between the prepared pans. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until cakes are golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I recommend rotating cakes halfway through baking. Transfer to wire racks and cool 5-10 minutes in the pans, then turn out cakes directly onto wire racks and cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Add maple syrup and vanilla, beat until combined. Gradually add confectioners' sugar and continue beating until well combined and smooth.
- To assemble the cake, level layers (if necessary) using a serrated knife. Place one layer on a cake stand or cardboard cake round. Spread a layer of cream cheese frosting over the top. Place another cake layer on top and repeat frosting. Place the final cake layer on top. Frost the top and sides of cake with remaining frosting, reserving up to 1 cup for detailing if needed. Press remaining cup of pecans along the sides of cake.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- choclytcandy IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
- Not added to any groups yet!