Beef Vegetable SoupFrom mbelisle 5 years ago
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, cut in 1" cubes, trimmed of fat shopping list
- 3 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 7 cups water shopping list
- 4 tablespoons beef stock powder shopping list
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 7 potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 5 large parsnips, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 6 ribs celery, sliced shopping list
- 1 lb white mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 4 cups frozen peas shopping list
- 4 tablespoons worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 4 tablespoons montreal steak spice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3 tablespoons oregano shopping list
How to make it
- In a large dutch oven, brown the meat in oil and drain. Add water, soy sauce and stock powder, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the frozen peas. Return to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 30-40 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add frozen peas and cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with hot biscuits or fresh bread.
The Cookmbelisle Suva, Fiji
- Not added to any groups yet!