Crunchy Potato WedgesFrom jjksangel 5 years ago
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 c. cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/4 wedges shopping list
- 2 tsp onion powder shopping list
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil plus 3 quarts for frying shopping list
- * if you don't have buttermilk you can make it by adding 1 cup of milk and 1 tbsp lemon juice and let it set for 15 mins. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Combine salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, cayenne, and oregano in small bowl.
- 2. Toss potato wedges with 4 tsp of spice mixture and 1/4 c. oil in large microwave safe bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave on high until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, apx 7 to 9 mins, shaking bowl ( without removing plastic but you may have to lift a corner to let some air in as it will vacuum seal it ) to redistribute potatoes halfway through cooking. Slowly remover plastic wrap from bowl ( be careful of steam ) and drain potatoes. Arrange potatoes on rimmed baking sheet and cool until potatoes firm up, about 10 mins.
- 3. Heat remaining 3 quarts oil for frying to 340 degrees. Combine flour and cornstarch in a medium bowl and whisk buttermilk and baking soda in a large bowl. Dip potato wedges in flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip in buttermilk mixture, allowing excess to drip back into bowl, then coat again in flour mixture. Shake off excess and place on wire rack.
- 4. When oil is ready, add half the coated wedges and fry until deep golden brown, 4 to 6 mins. Transfer wedges to large bowl and toss with 1 tsp of spice mixture. Drain wedges on baking sheet lined with paper towels.
The Cookjjksangel Bonner Springs, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!