Chocolate Bundt Cake With Sour CreamFrom staccato 1 year ago
- Pan paint shopping list
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, melted shopping list
- For cake shopping list
- 50 grams cocoa powder shopping list
- 150 grams dark chocolate, broken up shopping list
- 1 tsp instant coffee shopping list
- 180 ml boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature shopping list
- 200 grams cake flour shopping list
- 3 ml salt shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 125 grams butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 125 ml canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup castor sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- 5 extra large eggs shopping list
How to make it
- For baking tin:
- Mix cocoa and melted butter together. Using a pastry brush, paint inside of pan with mixture.
- 1 Adjust oven rack to one rack below middle position and preheat oven to 180ºC.
- 2 Place cocoa powder, chocolate, instant coffee and boiling water in a large ovenproof dish.
- 3 Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is well blended and smooth.
- 4 Add sour cream, then beat well with an electric hand beater.
- 5 Sift flour, salt and baking powder together and set aside.
- 6 Beat butter and oil until well combined. Gradually add castor sugar and beat well.
- 7 Add vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time, adding 1 Tbsp flour with each egg to prevent mixture from over curdling
- 8 Add one third of the flour and mix by hand using a spatula then follow with half the cocoa mixture, alternate in this fashion until you have used all the cocoa mixture and dry ingredients.
- 9 Pour cake batter into prepared pan, tap pan 2-3 times on a work surface to expel all the air bubbles.
- 10 Place cake on 2 layers of baking paper on a baking tray in oven (this evenly distributes the heat and stops the bottom from burning).
- 11 Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean and allow cake to cool in pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before turning it out. Allow to cool completely.
- 12 Dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.
- Serve as is or with whipped cream and berries.
The Cookstaccato Grahamstown, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!