Wilted Lettuce Southern StyleFrom betty_boop 3 years ago
- 2 bunches of Leafy lettuce shopping list
- 1 lb bacon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 8 to 10 stalks of green onions shopping list
- pinch or two of salt (this depends if you like salt you can add to your taste) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vingar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil shopping list
- small pot shopping list
- one large skillet shopping list
- one large Glass or metal mixing bowl shopping list
- 1 small plate shopping list
- 1 small bowl shopping list
- 1 Med plate shopping list
- 2 paper towels shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and Cut up Leafy lettuce into med pieces
- set aside into your glass or metal bowl
- In your small pot boil your eggs
- In your large skillet put your 1 tablespoon of oil / put heat on
- Cut up your bacon in bite size pieces and fry in large skillet
- (reason for oil in skillet bacon will fry dry and crunchy)
- Now.. Eggs are boiled.. peel and slice(not to thin) set aside.. on a small plate.
- Chop up Green onions place in small bowl set to the side.
- Now add Green onion into Lettuce bowl
- Add your vingar , salt and toss
- Place paper towels on Med. plate
- Bacon is cooked take it place on paper towels
- DO NOT THROW AWAY OIL..FROM FRYING BACON YOU NEED IT HOT AND TO
- Take HOT OIL AND POUR OVER LETTUCE AND TOSS
- THEN ADD BACON
- THEN GARNISH WITH SLICES OF EGG
- SERVE HOT..
- Before doing this side dish make sure your main meat dish is done and ready to place onto plates
- Oh yes... I do use some Slap Yo' Mama some times because I like it...
- Hope you enjoy this dish!!! I love it...
The Cookbetty_boop Sulphur, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!