Herby Rice-stuffed Leg Of LambFrom staccato 3 years ago
- Stuffing shopping list
- 1 glug olive oil shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 125 ml white rice shopping list
- 125 ml dry white wine shopping list
- 125 ml beef stock shopping list
- 60 ml chopped parsley shopping list
- 60 ml dill shopping list
- 60 ml chopped mint shopping list
- 50 grams slivered almonds, or pine nuts shopping list
- 1 pinch salt and milled pepper shopping list
- lamb shopping list
- 1.5 kilograms leg of lamb, deboned except the shank for easy carving. shopping list
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked shopping list
- 1 tbsp dried origanum shopping list
- 1 cup beef stock shopping list
- 60 ml lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 1 Heat a glug of oil in a saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- 2 Add rice, wine and stock and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed (rice will still be a bit crunchy).
- 3 Remove from heat and toss through herbs and nuts and season well.
- 4 Flatten out lamb on a board.
- 5 Cut a few deep slits into the thickest part of meat (don’t cut all the way through).
- 6 Spread stuffing down the centre of lamb. Fold over to enclose stuffing and secure with kitchen string.
- 7 Place lamb on a roasting tray.
- 8 Rub all over with olive oil.
- 9 Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and oreganum.
- 10 Pour stock and lemon juice around meat.
- 11 Cover with foil and bake for 3-3½ hours or until lamb is tender and almost falling off the bone.
- 12 Remove foil and roast for a further 20-30 minutes until well browned.
- Allow meat to rest before carving and serving with your favorite veggies.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- staccato Grahamstown, South Africa
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookstaccato Grahamstown, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!