Biscuits With Sausage GravyFrom jennij22 3 years ago
- gravy Ingredients shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1pound medium pork sausage shopping list
- biscuit Ingredients shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 5 tablespoons cold butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Sidebar: To save time you may buy store bought biscuits and cook as directed.
- For Biscuits
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in the butter. It is the easiest to use your hands to mix the dry ingredients with the butter. Then add in the yogurt. Once well incorporated, put the dough on a lightly floured surface. Kneed into a 3/4 inch thick triangle. Cut into 10 2-inch round circles with a biscuit cutter or glass. Place onto 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- For Sausage Gravy
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour. Pour in the heavy cream and whole milk into the saucepan and whisk until it starts to boil. Season the gravy with salt and put on low heat. Cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally. Simultaneously, cook the sausage per package instructions. Once the gravy has simmered for 20 minutes, stir in the drained, cooked sausage and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined. Pour sausage gravy over biscuits and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jennij22 Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjennij22 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!