Southwest Quinoa SaladFrom dcmeyers 3 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa shopping list
- 1/3 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 2-3 limes) shopping list
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 finely minced jalapeno peppers shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed shopping list
- 1 diced red or orange bell pepper shopping list
- 1 14oz can black beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring the water and quinoa to boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 4 minutes. Fluff with a fork and allow the quinoa to cool.
- Place the quinoa in a large bowl.
- Whisk the oil, lime joice, apple cider vinegar, cumin and jalapeno in a small bowl. Stir the dressing into the quinoa.
- Toss with the corn, red pepper, black beans and cilantro.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
The Cookdcmeyers CA
- Not added to any groups yet!