Sweet & Sour Chicken With Brown RiceFrom Kokopelli 3 years ago
- 2 cups instant brown rice shopping list
- 1/4 cups seasoned rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 T cornstarch shopping list
- 2 T canola oil, divided shopping list
- 2 T apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 lb chicken tenders shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 t finely grated or minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 6 cups bite-size pieces of vegetables, such as snow peas, broccoli and bell peppers shopping list
- 1 5-ounce can slice water chestnuts, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice according to the package directions
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch and apricot preserves in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink on the outside and just starting to brown in spots, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 T oil, garlic and ginger to the pan and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 20 to 30 seconds. Add broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, Add vegetables, reduce eat to a simmer, cover and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Stir in water chestnuts and the chicken. Whisk the reserved sauce and add to the pan. Simmer, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened and the chicken is heated through, about 1 minute. Serve with rice.
The CookKokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!