Chinese Chicken & Noodle SaladFrom Kokopelli 5 years ago
- 2 3-ounce packages low-fat ramen-noodle soup mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 2 T sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 T canola oil shopping list
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed shopping list
- 6 1/4 inch thick slices fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 6 T orange juice shopping list
- 6 T cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 T reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 3 T sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 t toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, shredded shopping list
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Crumble ramen noodles onto a large rimmed baking sheet (discard seasoning packets). Add almonds, sesame seeds and canola oil; toss to coat. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir, then bake until the noodles are golden brown, about 5 minutes more. Let cool on the pan on wire rack.
- Place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan with water to cover. Add ginger and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until cooked through an no longer pink in the middle, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board to cool. Shred into bite-size pieces. (Discard poaching liquid.)
- Meanwhile, combine orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil in a small bowl or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Whisk or shake until the sugar has dissolved.
- Just before serving, combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots and scallions in a large bowl. Add the toasted noodle mixture and the dressing; mix well.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- Kokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The CookKokopelli Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!