Robs Pierogie CasseroleFrom oldinjun 4 years ago
- Robs Pierogie Casserole shopping list
- Original Recipe Yield 8 servings shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 head cabbage, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 1-pound kielbasa cut in 1-inch rounds shopping list
- 4 (16.9-ounce) packages frozen pierogies shopping list
- chicken broth shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in the cabbage, onion, and garlic. Cook and stir until the cabbage is tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Add 1 cup of chicken broth to the mixture and simmer on low heat.
- 3. Place the sliced up kielbasa in a large, deep skillet with a little cooking oil, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes then add the kielbasa to the Dutch oven mixture.
- 4. Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the pierogies and return to a boil. Cook until the pierogies float to the top, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Add the pierogies to the Dutch oven mixture. Toss gently not breaking the pierogies. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Check after 30 min and add more chicken broth if needed.
- 6. This can be put in a crock-pot to keep warm or take to a potluck dinner. Enjoy.
The Cookoldinjun Pembroke Pines, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!