Fast Chicken Or Pork And RiceFrom ttaaccoo 4 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless pork sirloin chops, trimmed of fat, or chicken, boneless or? shopping list
- 1/2 pkg. dry onion soup mix shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice shopping list
- 1 cup - 1 1/4 cups broth or water or combo shopping list
- 1/4 cup artichoke /sundried tomato tampenade or salsa or? shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In an 8 inch square baking dish, pour the rice into the dish. Sprinkle half of the half pkg. onion soup mix over the rice. Place the pork chops on top. (My meat was FROZEN and it worked!) Spread the tapenade, over the meat, and sprinkle the balance of the dry soup mix over the tapenade.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, and turn the oven up 380 F and bake for 15-20 minutes. I checked to see if the meat was still frozen,; it wasn't. I turned the oven down to 350, and added the mushrooms.
- If my meat hadn't been frozen, I would start it all out at 350 and cook for 1 1/2 hrs. Check around 1 hour and see if the rice is done, and how is the meat. I found that the rice was done, but too liquidy, Loosen the tin foil, and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with a green salad, fresh red bell peppers, purple onions, baby bok choy, Italian dressing. a true DH pleaser in this house!!
- If your
The Cookttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!