Classic Sole MeuniereFrom ahebert 4 years ago
- FISH: shopping list
- 1/2 C all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 Sole filets (3-4 oz each) shopping list
- Coarse kosher salt shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 TBS veggie/canola oil shopping list
- 2 TBS unsalted butter shopping list
- SAUCE: shopping list
- 1/4 C (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 2 TBS parsley shopping list
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice shopping list
- lemon wedges shopping list
How to make it
- FISH: Place flour in a pie dish. Rinse fish and pat dry. Sprinkle both sides with S&P. Dredge fish in flour and shake off the excess. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until oil is hot and simmers. Add butter, give the skillet a swirl to coat. When the foam subsides add fish and cook until golden on bottom, about 2-3 mins. Carefully turn fish over and cook until the center is opaque and bottom is golden, about 1-2 minutes. Divide fish between 2 plates and set aside, pour off drippings from skillet and wipe with paper towel.
- SAUCE: Place skillet back on medium-high heat, add butter, cook until golden, about 1-2 mins. Remove from heat, stir in parsley and lemon juice. Spoon over fish and serve with lemon wedges.
The Cookahebert Southfield, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!