Chicken Noodle Soup From ScratchFrom wylddwoman 3 years ago
- 6 c. water shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 3 stalks celery shopping list
- 1 onion (yellow or white) shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic (crushed) shopping list
- 6 shoots fresh parsley (whole with stems) shopping list
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes shopping list
- 1 large chicken breast, or 2 chicken thighs shopping list
- 3 c. egg noodles (uncooked) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- season salt (preferably Lawry's) shopping list
- pepper (optional) shopping list
How to make it
For quick vegetable stock:
- Rough cut 1 carrot, 1 stalk celery, 1/4 onion and 1/3 lemon. Boil in the water, with the garlic and parsley shoots, for 20 minutes.
- Strain the stock and press the solids to release as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
- Return to pot, add the bouillon cubes, cover, and bring to a low boil.
For the soup (prep while vegetable stock is boiling):
- Dry rub the chicken with a light dusting of season salt and saute in 1 Tbsp olive oil until cooked through. (Reserve the pan drippings and add to the chicken stock.)
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop 1 carrot, 2 stalks celery and 3/4 onion into chunky pieces (about 1/2 inch).
- Add the chicken and raw vegetables to the chicken stock and cook on a low boil, covered, for 7 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles and cook an additional 7 minutes, or until the noodles are done.
- Serve with pepper and lemon slices.
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!