Creamy Crab Crepe FillingFrom wylddwoman 4 years ago
- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat (drained and picked over for shells) shopping list
- 4 Tbsp minced shallots shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 cloves fresh garlic (crushed) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 3 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken or vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 c. milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 oz. dry sherry or dry white wine shopping list
- 1 c. grated gruyere cheese shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish shopping list
- 2-quart saucepan shopping list
- 1-quart saucepan shopping list
How to make it
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the stock, milk and heavy whipping cream. Bring to a simmer (do not scorch), turn off the heat, add the rosemary, thyme, garlic and shallots, cover, and allow to steep for 45 minutes.
- Once the mixture has steeped, remove the rosemary, thyme and garlic.
- In the 2-quart saucepan over mediumheat, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to create a roux. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisking constantly, slowly add the milk mixture to the roux until thick and smooth, then add the pepper and sherry and blend thoroughly. Add sea salt to taste.
- Over meduim-low heat, bring the sauce to a low simmer (just steaming) and add the Gruyere cheese until melted.
- Gently fold in the crab meat, and heat through.
- Fill crêpes with a 1/2 c. of the filling, fold closed, and spoon another few tablespoons over the crêpe.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!