Creamy Rosemary PolentaFrom wylddwoman 4 years ago
- 1 c. polenta or cornmeal (yellow or white doesn't matter) shopping list
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 c. milk shopping list
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (crushed) shopping list
- 1 c. chicken stock (boiling) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- 3-quart saucepan shopping list
- 1 c. microwave safe measuring cup or dish shopping list
How to make it
- In the saucepan, over medium heat, bring the milk, cream, rosemary and garlic to a simmer.
- Shut off the heat to let steep for 45 minutes.
- Strain the milk mixture and discard the rosemary and garlic.
- Bring the milk mixture back up to a simmer and gradually pour in the polenta in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly.
- Once the milk is completely absorbed, lower the heat and continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture is very thick.
- Put the chicken stock in the microwave safe dish, and put in the microwave on "high" for 5 minutes, or until just boiling.
- Add the chicken stock to the milk mixture, whisking constantly, cook for another 5 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed.
- If the polenta is too thick (it should be like creamy mashed potatoes) then add more milk and chicken stock in equal proportions.
- Add the butter and Parmesan and mix until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!