Trout PiccataFrom wylddwoman 3 years ago
- 4 trout filets shopping list
- 4 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 4 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 c. dry white wine (or substitute more broth) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp brined capers (the smaller the better) shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley (finely chopped) shopping list
- 1/3 c. flour shopping list
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- fresh cracked pepper shopping list
- Large saute pan shopping list
- Shallow dish for dredging. shopping list
How to make it
- Pat the filets dry with paper towels.
- Combine the flour, Parmesan, and a few pinches of salt and pepper in the shallow dish.
- Dredge the filets in the flour mixture and let sit 5 to 10 minutes until the flour on the filets is sticky.
- Dredge the filets again and transfer to a plate. Reserve the flour mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in the saute pan over medium to medium-high heat.
- Pan fry the filets until golden brown on both sides. (About 5 minutes each side.)
- Move to a plate lined with paper towels to allow extra oil and butter to drain off.
- Mix 2 or 3 Tbsp of the flour mixture into the chicken stock until dissolved.
- Carefully pour the wine into the pan to deglaze it, then add the chicken stock, capers and lemon juice.
- Whisk the sauce constantly, and cook until it thickens to syrupy consistency or thicker. If you like a thinner sauce, add chicken stock a little at a time while whisking until the desired thickness is reached.
- Add the parsley, whisk a bit, and remove from the heat.
- I recommend serving this dish over steamed jasmine or basmati rice with steamed vegetables.
- Place a filet over the rice, or beside it, and spoon a liberal amount over it to serve.
- To substitute chicken for the trout, butterfly 4 breasts, dredge as instructed, and cook slightly longer.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- wylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookwylddwoman New Orleans, LA
- Not added to any groups yet!