Mom's Macaroni & Cheese CasseroleFrom wylddwoman 4 years ago
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni (cooked al dente and buttered lightly) shopping list
- 3 c. milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta (cut into 1" cubes) shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
- 2 tsp pepper (if desired) shopping list
- Extra slices of Velveeta to top shopping list
- 2-quart saucepan shopping list
- Large casserole dish shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the cornstarch in the milk until thoroughly dissolved.
- Over mediumheat, cook the mixture in the saucepan, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Melt in the butter and cubed Velveeta.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the casserole dish with a thin layer of butter, put half the pasta and half the sauce in and mix.
- Put the rest of the pasta and sauce in and mix.
- Cover the top with thin slices of Velveeta.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until the Velveeta on top is bubbled and golden brown.