Strawberry Mochaccino Chocolate CakeFrom mad_scientest 2 years ago
- Makes Double Tier Cake: shopping list
- 2 Cups Chelsea White sugar shopping list
- 1 3/4 Cup Pams flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Pams icing sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Cup Nestle cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Hansells baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Edmonds baking powder shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 Greggs Cafe Gold Mochaccino Powder Sachet shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Sunfield canola oil shopping list
- 2 - 3 Teaspoons Hansells Natural Strawberry Essence shopping list
- 1 Cup water shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons Pams strawberry jam shopping list
- Filling and Icing: shopping list
- 2-3 Tablespoons Pams strawberry jam shopping list
- 2 Cups Pams icing sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Chelsea White sugar shopping list
- 3 Teaspoons Softened butter shopping list
- 3 Teaspoons hot water (approx.) shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons Hansells Natural Strawberry Essence shopping list
- 4 Teaspoons Greggs Cafe Gold Mochaccino Powder shopping list
- A Few Drops Of Red Food Colouring shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, sift and combine together the sugar, icing sugar, flour, cocoa, mochaccino powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and strawberry, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the jam and boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of jam evenly(ish) on top of the bottom cake. and place the other cake on top.
- Dissolve the mocha hot chocolate in 1-2 teaspoons of hot water in a cup or small bowl.
- Sift icing sugar and white sugar into a bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon jam, softened butter, dissolved mocha hot chocolate, and strawberry essence.
- Add sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency.
- Add a few drops of food colouring until you get the desired colour.
- Chill a little if to thin and then spread over cake and refrigerate (if you can withhold the temptation :D )
The Cookmad_scientest Wadestown, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!