Hatch Chile Caesar Salad W/ Grilled Chicken & Parmesan CrispFrom popcultured1 2 years ago
- 1 clove finely minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- * 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/8 cup tabasco or any louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- * fish sauce is optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup Fresh parmesan coarsely grated shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce - hand torn into bite size pieces shopping list
- 4 oz can of whole long green Hatch chiles (drained) shopping list
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breast butterflied shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Start with the dressing. In a jar add garlic, lime juice, mustard and fish sauce and hot sauce and black pepper. Shake well. Next add the parmesan cheese and again shake well. Finally add olive oil and shake well and set aside.
- Parmesan crisp are quick and easy. Preheat to 400 degrees place 1 table spoon of parmesan cheese on a baking sheet. Gently spread cheese into a 2 in circle, or whatever form you desire, just try to spread evenly. Add a dash of cayenne pepper. Repeat with the remaining cheese. Bake in oven 5 - 6 mins. (some ovens, like mine take 6). After they come out of the oven gently blot each crisp with a paper towel removing oil. After a min remove each crisp with a very thin spatula or knife and set on paper towel on a flat surface to harden and cool.
- Season chicken breast with pepper and a dash of salt. Place on hot grill turn after 4 mins. If an outdoor grill isn't available a George Foreman grill works nice too. Chicken should take about 8 min. However make sure the inside is cooked to 165 degrees as recommended by the U.S.D.A.
- Add the Hatch chiles to the grill. Grill each side 2-3 mins.
- Once the chicken is ready. Slice the green chile, and add to your bowl of romaine lettuce. Start with a couple tablespoons of dressing and toss. Add as much dressing as you desire. Plate on a chilled plate with sliced grilled chicken and parmesan crisp.
The Cookpopcultured1 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!