Golden Delicious Apple PieFrom allidel 5 years ago
How to make it
- peel and core apples, cut into thin slices
- In a large bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon and 2 tbs flour in with apple slices until apple slices are coated.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a pie dish with pie crust dough, fill pie with apples
- In a separate bowl, knead butter, 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar into a soft dough.
- Separate dough into small balls and flatten in your hand. Place dough on top of the apples and cover as much as possible.
- Cut off any excess pie crust dough to fit dish.
- Place pie dish on a cookie sheet or wrap with foil to catch any spill-over of filling.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Check periodically on the color of the crust. If it gets brown too quickly, lightly cover with foil.
- Cool pie on wire rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- allidel Hugo, MN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookallidel Hugo, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!