Lumpia (shanghai)From mark555 3 years ago
- 1 pound ground pork shopping list
- 1 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder shopping list
- 1 (16 ounce) package spring roll wrappers (lumpia wrappers) shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a Large bowl, combine ground pork, ground beef, onion, and carrot. Make sure to completely mix everything. I suggest getting down and dirty and use your hands. Knead the meat in the bowl if you must. Gradually blend in the soy sauce , black pepper, garlic powder, and salt until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- 2. Lay out a few wrappers at a time on a flat surface, and place about 2 tablespoons of the filling in a line down the center of the wrapper. Make sure the filling is no thicker than your thumb, or the wrapper will cook faster than the meat. Take the bottom and top edges of the wrapper and fold them towards the center. Take the left and right sides, and fold them towards the center. Moisten the last edge of the wrapper to seal. Now repeat using the rest of the wrappers, and have hubby or the kids help you out.
- 3. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or heavy skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry 3 or 4 lumpia at a time. Fry for about 3 or 4 minutes, turning once. Lumpia are cooked through when they float, and the wrapper is golden brown. Cut in half, or serve as is with dipping sauce. We like sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce with lemon, or banana ketchup.
People Who Like This Dish 2
- nocturnalife North West Corner, IL
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔