Cinnamon RollsFrom mdyoung 5 years ago
How to make it
- Pour 1 package of yeast in a bowl and add 1/2 cup warm water and 1 tsp of white sugar, cover with cloth and set in warm place to rise.
- Put shortening, sugar and salt in a bowl and pour boiling water over to dissolve. Let this cool. Add milk and when mixture is lukewarm add the yeast mixture that has risen. Add egg beaten and flour. Mix all together and then let rise.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough. You will need to stretch it as you roll it out.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and mix with 1/2 cup brown sugar. Spread the brown sugar butter mixture on the dough. Mix 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Sprinkle the sugar cinnamon mixture over the dough. Roll up the dough in a long log. Cut in circles and place on a cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper) or in a greased glass dish. Bake on 350 degrees until the tops of the rolls are brown. Make sure you use a sharp knife to cut the dough into circles. This recipe makes over 3 dozen rolls.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- mdyoung Nowhere, Us
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmdyoung Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!